87 Users Online
|| E-Mail |
News from February 2003|
EmuLoader 3.5.1 released Today!
Sunday, February 9th, 2003
Mostly fixes this time around, but a lot of annoying 'theme' problems have been resolved when using EmuLoader with WinXP...
Frontend is now compiled with Borland Delphi 7
This fixes a lot of visual bugs when using Windows XP with themes :-D
ZipForge component updated to version 1.50
This version handle corrupted files much better, and can even recover bad .zip files (not always possible) :-)
- Category, Version Added, Custom Category, Played, Time Played and others were not being correctly loaded (I forgot to clear memory variables before adding a game to the list)
- Blank texts
- Access violation after loading games list
Get it Here
Posted by ocp_001
- There is a new file on resources\language folder called iconformat.txt, with the format supported by the language icon
VisualBoy Advance Version 1.4 Released!
Saturday, February 8th, 2003
New version of the Game Boy emulator is out. Check out the new changes..
- added bilinear and bilinear plus filters
- added interframe blending support
- added support to show speed in fullscreen mode (transparent or opaque)
- added detailed speed display
- added autoframeskip support
- added support for ELF DW_FORM_strp (used by newer GCC versions)
- added support to enable/disable GB/GBC video layers
- fixed crash when loading a second ELF file
- fixed missing EMMS instruction in ADVANCEMAME Scale 2x MMX version
- fixed some timer settings problems (bad copy paste of code)
Click on the Title link to head to the site or go to the download sections to get it when it is up.
- allows AMD CPUs to take advantage of MMX code
- added support to select video mode for fullscreen mode
- added fullscreen triple buffering support
- added support for multiple joypad configuration
- added support to store settings to INI
- added export settings from Registry to INI
- added throttle support (between 5% and 1000%)
- fixed problem displaying error messages in fullscreen mode
- fixed tile viewer to display all tiles in 256 mode
- fixed Visual Studio project files so that they work on other computers
- fixed problem with disable SFX not being read when program starts
- fixed (minimized) screen corruption problem when filter is active in fullscreen mode and emulator is minimized
ClrMamePro 2.88.2 Released!
Friday, February 7th, 2003
Another update on the Rom manager has been released. Check out was has been changed...
Version 2.88.2 (02/07/2003)
- fixed: save "have/miss list" includes all systems even if only some were activated
- misc: fixdatfile->don't include full set when creating fixdat without (fast)scanning
- misc: fixdatfile->resource entries aren't added anymore
- misc: little bit better memory management for md5 functions
- misc: statistic shows number of missing 0-crcs (if any) behind the missing roms
Click on the title to get your update
MAMEu's icons.zip updated!
Monday, February 3rd, 2003
It's been a loooong time! Sorry for the comment, but there isn't any update text to paste from the page. Get the file at the above link.
EmuLoader 3.5 released
Finally fixed the sort columns bug, when changing columns order!!! :-D
Squashed a lot of memory leaks, but I think that there are more
ST-V Bios was not being correctly audited when auditing all games or available games
A few visual bugs
The last selected game information on EmuLoader.ini now have the game name, instead of an index position
This fixes a bug in which sometimes, EL could not restore the last selected game correctly on initialization
Favorites lists are changed once again
The lists will not contain the full game info anymore, just the name of the game and its parent game. This allow more control over the list, but it's slightly slower to load (milliseconds only)
Note: if you don't want to create your favorites lists all over again, you need to update your favorites .dat files with the "UpdateFavoritesDAT" utility, available on the homepage. Do NOT update your games .dat files with this utility
Category, Version Added, Custom Category and Custom Description are now loaded dynamically
They are not saved on the .dat files anymore. This allow more control over those fields, but the load will be slightly slower (milliseconds only)
Note: if you don't want to create your games list all over again, you need to update all your .dat files with the "UpdateGamesDAT" utility, available on the homepage. Do NOT update your favorites lists with this utility
Parental Lock is not available anymore when viewing a favorites games list
Frontend is now compile with the new version of Graphics32 v1.5
Bios files can be executed as any other game
Core updated to support MAME 0.64 changes
Main menu options:
- Total Play Time
- Selected Game Total Play Time
- Update Games Descriptions
- Update Games Categories
Custom Games Manager
This feature had to be removed due to changes in frontend's core
Removed a lot of duplicated code
Translation routines are faster and safer
Two new columns (they are loaded dynamically):
Played - how many times did you played a game ?
Time Played - how much time did spent playing a game ? Time format: 0:00:00:00 (days:hours:minutes:seconds)
Note that the info is on GamePlayTime.ini file, not on games lists (.dat files)
New filter for the preview images: Lanczos
It makes images look sharper and clearer than the other filter, but it's slower
Posted by ocp_001
Mame wip updated
2003-02-03: Sthief fixed a small bug in the SH-2 CPU core but it does not seem to affect any games.
2003-02-02: David Haywood converted the Sega System 32 driver for the tilemap system and added preliminary alpha blending emulation. Paul Priest fixed the priority effects in the Psikyo SH-2 driver and made the zooming effects pixel-accurate, however linezoom/scroll/rowzoom is still missing in Strikers 1945 II and III.
2003-02-01: Acho A. Tang fixed a few graphics glitches and added preliminary starfield emulation to Sidearms, fixed sound effects and some glitches in Avengers and fixed some glitches in P.O.W. David Haywood wrote a driver for Tao Taido, inputs in it were done by Stephane Humbert.
Posted by ocp_001