95 Users Online
|| E-Mail |
News from March 2003|
FCE Ultra 0.94 Released!
Monday, March 31st, 2003
FCE Ultra is a NES emulator based on FCE for Windows, DOS & Linux. Only the Windows binary has been updated.
Posted by Wildman55
- Implemented "high-quality" Namco 106 emulation(used in the high-quality sound mode). In this case, "high-quality" means sounding more like it should, not necessarily cleaner. I'm not certain that it's totally correct, but it's in the right direction.
- Modified FDS IRQ emulation to get "Famicom Grand Prix II" working again.
- Fixed a few memory leaks and a possible memory corruption bug.
- Added more games to the iNES ROM image list for having battery-backed WRAM, for header corrections.
- Copied over the 96KHz filter coefficients from Festalon that I forgot to do in 0.92. Oops.
- Added support for on-the-fly IPS patching. Place the IPS file in the same directory as the file to load, and name it filename.ips.
z26 Windows 2.07 Released
z26 Windows is an Atari 2600 emulator for Windows
Posted by Wildman55
- Made mouse capture in windowed modes optional. It is controlled with the
- MN command line switch. N=0 is off, N=1 is on. It is on by default.
- We now make a distinction between upper case and lower case letters in command line switches. There are now many more possibilities.
- Many more games automatically run with phosphorescence turned on when running in a window.
ClrMamePro 2.88.4 Released!
Wednesday, March 26th, 2003
New version of the Rom Utility has come out. Just some small updates were done.
Version 2.88.4 (03/25/2003)
- fixed: scanner's 'stay on top' doesn't work after reentering.
- fixed: romnames in quotes with only 1 character aren't parsed correctly.
- fixed: profiler 'datfile & executable type' comboboxes still show the old type if you changed them before loading a datfile.
- misc: optimized unzip/md5 calculation of huge files. No more virtual memory problems.
- misc: full zipintegrity errors are also shown in the scanresults tree.
- misc: minor updates to the setinformation window.
MAME WIP Page Updated !
Thursday, March 20th, 2003
The mame wip page has been updated.. with the following progresses:
- 2002-11-23: David Haywood added preliminary sprite support to the Sega System 32 driver, making Holosseum fully playable. Bryan McPhail fixed a bug when switching between 68020 and 68000 in the debugger. Stefan Jokisch added support for the artwork LEDs in the Turbo / Subroc-3D / Buck Rogers driver. smf fixed the path handling also in the DOS version. Paul Priest added per-row/column blending support to the Psikyo SH-2 drivers.
- 2002-11-22: Aaron Giles added Sharpshooter to the Police Trainer driver, fixed the security failure in Revolution X, added Cruis'n World version 2.0 to the Williams V-unit driver, cleaned up the Windows file I/O and path handling and fixed a palette management bug that affected Area 51.
- 2002-11-21: Zsolt Vasvari added Mighty Monkey to the Scramble driver. Chris Kirmse fixed the ROM loading message displays for ports that include a GUI. Aaron Giles changed the file I/O to happen mostly in the core instead of the OS dependant part, and he modified the routines to automatically generate the snap, cfg, nvram etc. paths if they are missing.
- 2002-11-20: Aaron Giles improved the MD5 verification fix. Uki wrote a driver for Dr. Micro. Paul Priest separated Psikyo PS4 hardware emulation to its own driver since it didn't have much in common with the PS3, PS5 and PS5v2 hardware configurations. Paul Priest also merged the graphics emulation for Nostradamus and Magical Cat Adventure.
- 2002-11-19: Yasuhiro Ogawa forwarded Norix's fixes for Metal Hawk sprites. smf updated his GCC 3.2 install instructions. Shiriru's updates containing fixed sprite masking in the CPS-2 driver and fixed sprite delay in Battle Bakraid were also forwarded. Stephane Humbert fixed inputs in Mechanized Attack and added a clone called Caterpillar to the Centipede driver.
- 2002-11-18: Aaron Giles sent in an alternate fix for the false-positive MD5 checksums and improved the hdcomp tool. Guru added the Korean version of Nostradamus. Olivier Galibert ported tilemap naming and pause brightness updates to 0.62. Nathan Woods added state save support for the TMS34010 CPU core. Jarek Burczynski sent in a massively improved YM2413 sound chip emulation. Rene Single fixed the bug in datafile routines that caused some missing information. Quench sent in a TMS32025 CPU core and a preliminary Taito AIR system driver, but graphics emulation is not complete so it does not work very well. MooglyGuy submitted a preliminary driver for Tugboat, it works somewhat but colors are wrong, scrolling doesn't work and the inputs aren't hooked up.
- 2002-11-17: Stefan Jokisch added support for sound samples in Subroc-3D. Olivier Galibert fixed the palette regeneration when reloading a saved state. Zsolt Vasvari and Nicola Salmoria added the correct color PROMs to Formation Z / Aeroboto. Zsolt Vasvari also added yet another Mr. Kougar ROM set to the Scramble driver.
- 2002-11-16: Stephane Humbert and David Haywood re-submitted some drivers and fixes that were omitted from 0.62. smf did a GCC 3.2 compiler package for DOS. Andrea Mazzoleni fixed -listinfo with MD5 checksums. Nicola Salmoria added preliminary sound CPU communication to the Macross Plus driver, but sound doesn't work yet due to an unemulated IRQ feature in the ES5506 sound core. S. Suzuki fixed priority problems in Darwin 4078. MooglyGuy wrote a driver for Super Triv II and merged it with the Status Trivia II driver.
- 2002-11-15: Nicola Salmoria fixed the colors in Speed Spin. David Haywood sent in a newer Pirates driver, adding the tilemap layer but it is still not perfect since sprites and samples are encrypted. Aaron Giles put together a compiler package with MinGW 2.0 (GCC 3.2) to be used with MAME. Nicola Salmoria also did some related cleanups.
- 2002-11-14: HIGHWAYMAN added another version of Mr. Kougar to the Scramble driver. R. Belmont added inputs and sound emulation to the Sega System 32 driver, but it's still missing graphics emulation. smf fixed some compile problems that happened with GCC 3.2. Stephane Humbert re-added a small fix to the cheat engine. Tomasz Slanina added graphics zooming to the Flower driver.
- 2002-11-13: Aaron Giles prevented hard disk images being stored in ZIP files, and cleaned up various things in the source. An anonymous contributor partially decrypted Moon Shuttle, but only the attract mode works and the graphics emulation is not complete. Stephane Humbert fixed the inputs and DIP switches in Fancy World and in the Neo Geo driver. Nathan Woods re-submitted some old fixes and improved a few MESS-specific things.
Final Burn Alpha Beta 3
Monday, March 10th, 2003
The emulator for the X-Box has been updated and Public Beta for it has been released. Those of you who use it know where to get it. Here are the changes/fixes.
Final Burn Alpha Beta 3
- Merged in 0.2.94.0 Win32 sources
- Fixed Memory issue in Guwange.
- Fixed sorting bug on rom list.
- Added better error handling. Verbose description of error if roms fail.
- Added menu, Press Start to activate
- Added in Game Menu, Press Right Thumb to activate
- Removed obselete/old button combos
- Eeprom Settings are now saved.
- Better X-Arcade Support.
- Added Savestates.
- Added Mars Matrix CPS2 Driver.
- Added 1944 CPS2 Driver.
- Fixed crash when no roms were found.
- Added new background and font.
- Added selectable point filtering/default filtering.
- Added DVD-ROM browser support.
- Added shutdown option.
grab it at the usual places ;)
MAME32 0.66 Released!
Some new changes in MAME32 on how it works. Looks like much is now stored in ini files instead of your registry. This should be nice for doing future updates. Here is a cert from their site...
This is the first version of Mame32 to utilise *.ini files after five plus years of Windows registry use. The Mame32ui.ini file contains our GUI only options and sits in the same directory as Mame32.exe, our Mame32.ini file which is analogous and interchangeable with the baseline mame.ini sits in the \ini directory. Any games that are altered from the default are placed in the \ini directory. Future plans include the ability to handle the driver family based inis like neogeo.ini, cps2.ini, plus vector.ini. We're making a migration build available that will create the inis based on the old Mame32's registry keys, use this version only if you have a considerable amount of customized games you don't want to lose and for a one time transition to the new ini system. Otherwise the regular version offered here will no longer even look in the registry and you can purge the Mame32 key using regedit.exe.
- Moved towards an *.ini based settings storage scheme to more closely match the Mame.exe core, individual game *.inis whose settings are altered are stored in the \ini directory. The Mame32 GUI settings are stored in Mame32ui.ini in the root w/ Mame32.exe, and Mame32.ini is stored in the \ini directory and should be interchangeable with a regular Mame.ini. Purge these two items to return to baseline, the registry is no longer used for Mame32. [Chris Kirmse]
- Provided an additional 'migration' version of Mame32 which will copy the contents of the registry key and write it out to the new *.ini scheme when exiting. Useful for people who have a large number of individual game customizations. [John IV / Chris Kirmse]
- Added toggle for high thread priority in Options • Interface Options to match the core's new -high_priority switch. This will devote more system resources and time to Mame32 at the expense of other already running programs. [Chris Kirmse]
Many people should be very happy with the new update.
MAME 0.66 Released!
MAME 0.66 has been released, and it supports 3792 ROM sets, 2171 unique games.
Here's what new in 0.66 Codename "FR-34"
MAME Testers bugs fixed (there are probably more)
MAME Testers bugs to check
- galpanib062gre [Paul Priest]
- usclssic065red [Kale]
- housemn2065gra [Nomax]
- myangel065gre [Nicola Salmoria]
- 88games062yel [Nicola Salmoria]
- glfgreat061gre (was fixed some time ago)
- robocop2064gre [Bryan McPhail]
- dassault061gre2 [Bryan McPhail]
- jdredd060gra [Smitdogg]
- ringdest062gra [Smitdogg]
- spbactn061gra [Smitdogg]
- term2064gra [Smitdogg]
- xmen062ora [Smitdogg]
- sotsugyo061red [Bryan McPhail]
- tmnt065gre [Acho A. Tang]
- astdelux059gre [Derrick Renaud]
- gunforc2058gre_2 [Angelo Salese]
- gunforc2058gre_3 [Bryan McPhail]
These drivers have improved SOUND:
- mrheli37b2gre - I believe this was fixed some time ago
Other drivers changes:
- Fixed samples in Pachinko Sexy Reaction [Suppi-Chan]
- Major improvements to the Namco NA sound emulation. [cync]
- Sound in IQ Block. [David Haywood]
- Fixed drums in Exterminator [Steve Ellenoff, Jim Hernandez]
Changes to the main program:
- Misc improvements to the Namco NA driver. [Phil Stroffolino]
- Several improvements and games additions to the Nintendo VS and Playchoice drivers. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Several fixes to Super Real Darwin [Acho A. Tang]
- New option -high_priority to increase the thread priority so MAME runs better while other programs are running. It is off by default because enabling it might make MAME use too much CPU time.
- Major update to the discrete sound system. This includes adjustable parameters controls in the UI, fixes to existing games, and new sound support in canyon, polaris, sprint and ultratnk. [Derrick Renaud & Keith Wilkins]
- Fixed some bugs in the I86/NEC CPU emulation. This includes raster effect problems in Geostorm and the 99 credits bug in Lethal Thunder. [Bryan McPhail]
New games supported:
- Now compiled with GCC 3.2.2. Removed the patch that was needed to work around a GCC 3.2 bug.
- First version of YMF262 emulator. [Jarek Burczynski]
New clones supported:
- Fantasy '95 [Brian A. Troha]
- Hana no Mai [Nicola Salmoria]
- Mahjong Friday [Nicola Salmoria]
- Mahjong Dial Q2 [Nicola Salmoria]
- Don Den Mahjong [Nicola Salmoria]
- Watashiha Suzumechan [Nicola Salmoria]
- Mahjong Studio 101 [Nicola Salmoria]
- Mahjong Derringer [Nicola Salmoria]
- Hana Yayoi [Nicola Salmoria]
- Untouchable [Nicola Salmoria]
- Rong Rong [Nicola Salmoria]
- Don Den Lover Vol. 1 [Nicola Salmoria]
- Quiz Channel Question [Nicola Salmoria]
- Mad Donna [David Haywood]
- Dorodon [Frank Palazzolo]
- Ben Bero Beh [Phil Stroffolino, Acho A. Tang]
- Halley's Comet [Phil Stroffolino, Acho A. Tang]
- Triv Quiz [MooglyGuy]
- Gigas [Tomasz Slanina]
- Gigas Mark II [Tomasz Slanina]
- Mad Shark [Luca Elia]
- Ultra Toukon Densetsu [Luca Elia]
- Gratia (set 1)
- Mysterious Stones (set 1)
- Cosmic Cop (= Gallop)
So go get your copy and update those roms to your collection.
Nebula V2.23a Released
Tuesday, March 4th, 2003
The CPS1/2 + NeoGeo + Konami emulator, Nebula, was released today.. Here's the
For more info or download.. Click Here
- Fixed the NOREPEAT flag not working in winamp jukebox lists.
MAME / MAME32 Plus! V0.65.2 Released
The unofficial MAME version based on MAME / MAME32 emulator, MAME32 plus, has been released today.. Here's the following changes:
Updated to CPS2mame v2.65, with 1944 support [CPS2Shock]
Fixed state saving
Fixed extended 12-bit signed int conversion of FM sound core [”Ô’ƒ”L]
Adjusted volume of hotdogst [‰´“¤ (RND Edition)]
Adjusted volume of nyanpani [UNZu (ThunderMAME32jp)]
Fixed voice of graidius2 [UNZu (ThunderMAME32jp)]
Fixed BGM tempo of scontra [UNZu (ThunderMAME32jp)]
Fixed laser of fantzone [2ch.net]
Fixed DIP switch of mouja [MAME Testers Board]
Changed kof2001 and kof2001d to raster [MAME Plus! board]
For download or more info.. Click Here
- Added Italian page, updated Italian language pack [Claudio Parmigiani]
- Added English command.dat, visit Procyon Lotor's homepage for the latest version [Procyon Lotor]
- Added compile option W_ERROR. Removed some warnings [BUT]
- Fixed 4 players games, changed init options of autofiredelay [BUT]
- Updated Japanese game list [(RND Edition)]
Mame WIP Status update
Monday, March 3rd, 2003
2003-02-22: Brian A. Troha fixed the DIP switch settings in Rezon. Nicola Salmoria added Hana no Mai, Hana Kochou, Mahjong Friday and Mahjong Dial Q2 to the old Dynax driver and they work almost perfectly, and Hana Oriduru which works but has wrong colors. Bryan McPhail sent in a better version of the V20/V30/V33 CPU core fix and he also fixed the cycle counts in it. David Haywood and Brian A. Troha improved the DIP switch settings in Maddonna. Acho A. Tang submitted a very basic implementation of the discrete sounds in Stinger. Brian A. Troha added another version of Terminator 2 to the Midway Y-unit driver.
2003-02-21: David Haywood fixed the controls in Maddonna so it's now playable. Nicola Salmoria added Mahjong Derringer (works) and Mahjong If (doesn't work) to the Royal Mahjong driver, and fixed the color problems in Mahjong Studio 101. Smitdogg fixed the color overlay in Hustle. Angelo Salese submitted an improvement to the Noboranka protection emulation and fixed the missing sound in level 2 and later, cleaned up the Sega System 1 driver and fixed a V20/V30/V33 CPU core bug that caused problems with the timer in Gunforce 2 / Geostorm.
2003-02-20: Smitdogg submitted fixes to 5 incredibly small bugs. Nicola Salmoria sent in a driver for Hana Yayoi, Hana Fubuki and Untouchable. Mike Haaland fixed some compile problems on Visual C.
2003-02-19: Nicola Salmoria fixed Don Den Mahjong and Mahjong Studio 101 in the Royal Mahjong driver, so they are now playable.
2003-02-18: Stephane Humbert fixed the DIP switches and inputs in Pairs (System Ten). Nicola Salmoria fixed an interrupt callback problem in the MSM5205 sound chip emulation. David Haywood added Maddonna to the One Shot One Kill driver, but it's not playable because the controls aren't emulated. Brian A. Troha added the Deluxe version of Egg Venture to the Lethal Justice driver, and he fixed the size of some ROMs in the Survival Arts driver.
2003-02-17: Craig Aker fixed a problem in handling the LEDs in Asteroids Deluxe. Carlos Irigaray fixed a problem in light gun suddenly jumping around, and he fixed a light gun problem in Bang! David Haywood forwarded an update to the Sega C2 driver that adds Atlus Print Club, though this may not be officially added. Bryan McPhail fixed raster effects in the second Robocop 2 road level, converted the Funky Jet and Desert Assault drivers to use the Deco16IC functions and fixed a few other graphics problems.
2003-02-16: Aaron Giles added the proper microcode PROMs for the growth object generator in the Atari G1 and G42 drivers, and improved the SLOOP protection emulation in Road Riot, but it's still not playable. Paul Priest merged the Fantasy '95 addition with the earlier changes to the Gals Panic driver. Suppi-Chan fixed the sound ROM loading in Pachinko Sexy Reaction.
2003-02-15: Acho A. Tang improved RGB control in the B-Wings driver and added flip screen support to Side Arms. MooglyGuy added Triv Quiz to the Status Trivia 2 driver. smf fixed a resolution selecting problem when rotating vector games with hardware stretch. The graphics in Gratia were improved with a new dump of the graphics ROMs. Brian A. Troha added Fantasy '95 to the Gals Panic driver.
2003-02-14: Pierpaolo Prazzoli ported the SNES driver from MESS and modified it to run some Nintendo Super System games. Frank Palazzolo added Dorodon to the Lady Bug driver.
2003-02-13: Paul Priest fixed a collision detection bug in Gals Panic bootleg and added yet another version of it.
2003-02-12: Nicola Salmoria fixed the graphics layer order in U.N. Squadron and Magic Sword in the CPS-1 driver though this problem never occurred in these games. Paul Priest added watchdog emulation and removed the ROM patch in the Gals Panic driver. Nathan Woods added support for TMS5220 speech ROM, though this feature is not used by any arcade game emulated so far.
2003-02-11: Nathan Woods submitted a few minor patches to the core for better interoperability with MESS. Tomasz Slanina added Gigas and Gigas Mark 2 to the Free Kick driver.
2003-02-10: Aaron Giles changed the V60 CPU core to fetch opcodes directly rather than through the memory handlers, making it somewhat faster. An anonymous contributor sent in a preliminary driver for Super Real Mahjong Part 6 but it doesn't really work at all. Chack'n fixed DIP switches in Pinbo and Formation Z.
2003-02-09: SUZ fixed the missing graphics in Genpei Toumaden. Acho A. Tang fixed various problems in the uPD7759 sound chip emulation, including a crash in the System16 driver and missing and/or incorrect sounds in TMNT, P.O.W. and '88 Games.
2003-02-08: Keith Wilkins sent in a preliminary update to the discrete sound system with a few new functions and bug fixes. SUZ resubmitted a Darwin 4078 sprite priority fix. Frank Palazzolo completely fixed the cocktail mode in Mouser. Nicola Salmoria sent in a update to the Jaleco Mega System 32 driver, adding the ROZ layer and fixing a lot of problems in the graphics emulation.
2003-02-07: Stephane Humbert and David Haywood improved the inputs and DIP switches in the Jaleco Mega System 32 driver. Stephane Humbert also fixed the inputs and DIP switches in Mouser. Acho A. Tang fixed various graphics glitches in Super Real Darwin.