82 Users Online
|| E-Mail |
News from March 2004|
PCE Advance 6.2
Tuesday, March 30th, 2004
Antoher update of this PC Engine emulator for the GameBoy Advance was released today.
New in this version is a new settings menu. Also, some graphics bug in Pacland have been corrected.
Raine is an arcade emulator for Windows/DOS and Linux. There was a major update, including these changes:
- brand new cpu emulator : 6502/65c02
- it has much more new games than previous versions, and in all styles :
Shooters : metafox, twin eagle, eight forces, Gundhara (third person shooter), rezon, War of Aero, Zing zing zip.
Breakout : Thunder and lightning (but no mouse control)
Excellent tron clone where you can jump over the walls : Wits
Fighting with swords : blandia
Platform/shooter : J. J. Squawkers
Golf : Us Classic Golf (bad color, and bad playability)
Fighting : DownTown (very bad playability)
Wrestling (!) : Mat mania, and its clone "Exciting hour"
- Fixed the rastan crash in 0.39.4
- Fixed the frame buffer driver initialisation for the linux version (the frame buffer was unusable in fact)
- the "bg_image" option in raine.cfg now accepts jpeg images !
- new bg image created with povray (maybe I overdid it a little... !!!)
As usual, you can check eevrything about this release and download it clicking on the link above.
Stepmania 3.9 alpha 15 Released
Monday, March 29th, 2004
Stepmania is a DDR, Pump, EZ Dancer, Beatmania simulator for various systems.
This is a minor bugfix release.
Versions for Windows, Linux and OSX are avaiable, as well as the source code, on the link above
- Fixed dancing character rendering
- Fixed not playing announcers in demonstration
- Fixed grade sort
- Replaced 5x speed mod with 4x, to line up with the editor
- Fixed sound when moving up in options
- Fixed switching songs in course mode before the last note can be missed
- Fixed stealth
- Fixed extra stage survive time being covered up by the transition
- Fixed crash loading DWIs with invalid #FREEZE values
- Don't parse subtitles from "#TITLE" tags in SM files (use #SUBTITLE)
- SMPackage: fixed installing "NoteSkins/foo/bar" deletes all other note skins in "NoteSkins/foo"
- Tornado doubles is easier
- Mac: Fixed screenshots
- Mac: Fixed "seconds != (time_t)-1" crash
- Linux: Fixed screensaver disabling causing screen flicker; reenabled by default
Thanks to Mightymuffy, for the heads up!
Friday, March 26th, 2004
This excellent NES emulator was updated. You can get the newest version on the website, clicking on the link above. The website is in japanese, though.
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004
KEGS emulates Apple II computers, and it's avaiable for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux and Unix. New changes are:
Downloads for all supported platforms can be found on the link above.
- Add patch for Solaris sound by Jonathan Kalbfeld.
- Fix so that F4 enters config panel even while running Prosel-16
- Major mouse pointer changes, based on some ideas from Geoff Weiss.
- The GSOS mouse now exactly tracks the host pointer automatically.
- Fixed an accidental debug halt when Prosel-16 disables the keyboard/mouse.
The z26 Atari 2600 emulator was updated, including now the following changes and improvements:
Click on the link above to check it out.
- Completely rewrote the controller handling code in C to allow easier addition of new features.
- Added -) and -( command line switches to select controller for left and right port.
- Command line switches -i, -j, -k, -l, -w, and -y changed or lost their meaning, because they were superseded by -) and -(.
- Upgraded the SDL DLL to version 1.2.7.
- Added support for "EF" type bankswitching, which will be used by Paul Slocum's upcomming Homestar Runner RPG game.
- Added support for the Stelladaptor, which lets you connect Atari joysticks, driving controllers and paddles to your PC's USB port.
- Added support for the three types of Atari Trak-Ball controllers, so that the Missile Command hacks can now be played.
- Added paddle emulation through the PC joystick, and made the keyboard emulate all four paddles at once with fixed keys.
- Added the -P command line switch to set the PC-joystick sensitivity and shift it's range in the paddle emulation.
It's been 3 years since the development of this PS2 emulator began, and to comemorate the birthday, a new version was made avaiable. The list of changes is quite extensive, so you go check them out at their website, along many interesting screenshots.
Monday, March 22nd, 2004
There is a new version of this *shreware* ZX Spectrum emulator.
If you are interested, you can check out the new features and try the software visiting their site, clicking on the link above.
Friday, March 19th, 2004
The open source SNES emulator project, SNeSe, has been updated, including improvements to the video renderer, and a brand new logo. The emulator is avaiable for x86 PCs, and you can get it on the link above.
YAPE is a Commodore Plus/4 for Windows. The 0.56 version fixes a few glitches and adds more support for keyboard and joystick emuluation. Check it out on the link above.
PCE Advance 6.1
FluBBa updated his PC Engine emulator for the GameBoy Advance handheld console.. You can find out what changed and download the emulator clicking on the link above.
Spain is now run by terrorists
Monday, March 15th, 2004
It seems that the terrorists won against the Spanish people. While it was very sad what happened in Madrid with the train bombings. The solution to give into the terrorists demands with their votes is pathetic. The US still considers Spain a friend, and the election results won't change that. But, it doesn't show a lot of backbone that terrorists can so easily overthrow the Spanish government and that the people would allow such a thing to happen.
Those that switched their votes because of the train bombings need to grow a spine and get a brain. Giving into the demands of terrorists sends the message that it works. You don't negotiate with terrorists and you don't give them what they want or you can expect more terrorism. Also, THEY actually control you, not the politicians you voted in because THEY forced a government out and a new government in. Pathetic.
Spain is now run and controlled by terrorists. Nice going.
A new version of Meka was made avaiable. Meka is a multi-machine emulator, currently suporting Sega Game 1000 (SG-1000), Sega Computer 3000 (SC-3000), Sega Super Control Station (SF-7000), Sega Mark III (+ FM Unit), Sega Master System (SMS), Sega Game Gear (GG), ColecoVision (COLECO), Othello Multivision (OMV). The latest version is avaialbe on the link above, for Windows, DOS and Linux.
mame32 v.80 released!
Sunday, March 7th, 2004
MAME32 is a windows gui compatible version of the fabulous mame emulator, Mame32 is Official, license compliant, & MameDEV sanctioned; it is produced by Chris Kirmse - the original Mame32 author, Mike Haaland - architect of the GUI, John IV.
- Large Namco Update [Nicola Salmoria]
- pacland: fixed sprite RAM, it was too big and included normal program RAM, causing sprites to be drawn twice.
- pacland: fixed irq enable
- pacland: fixed tilemap scroll offsets and sprite positions
- pacland: accurate emulation of tile/sprite priority (including fix of bugs introduced when the driver was converted to tilemaps) and sprite visibility area
- pacland36b16 is not a bug - colors match the real game
- added SOUND_NAMCO_CUS30 for better documentation (alias for the standard SOUND_NAMCO)
- skykidd works with a patch (a dump of the CUS60A internal ROM is needed to do without the patch)
- metrocross: fixed irq enable, this fixes inputs in service mode
- baraduke, system86: understood how sprite RAM buffering works, this fixes sprite lag but causes a glitch in rthunder (which might be correct behaviour)
- system86: totally rewritten the 63701X emulation and moved it to a separate module. Fixed silence compression, this improves quality in some samples; supported volume control.
- Various ST-V Improvements (brightness controls) [Angelo Salese]
- Various Hyperstone core improvements [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Improved 053260 and NES APU emulation [Oliver Achten]
- Various Gaelco3D Improvements [Aaron Giles]
- ZN Cleanups [smf]
- Twin Cobra / Wardner
- Converted to Tilemaps
- Corrected Savestate setup
- Little cleanups to the Machine code
- Adjustments for TMS32010 internal data map
- Adjustments for TMS32010 internal data map
- Fixed Vector clipping bug in mhavoc [Alex Eddy]
get it from link above, another mame32 has been released
SNES Advance released
Thursday, March 4th, 2004
The former SNES emulator for the GameBoyAdvance, PocketSNES, has been renamed to SNES Advance (confused yet?), and received an update. Check the new features clicking on the link above.