84 Users Online
|| E-Mail |
News from July 2004|
Mame32 v.84.u5 Intermediate Release
Friday, July 30th, 2004
- These are intermediate builds mainly used for testing. They may be more unstable than the full release packages
- The link is at the bottom of the page
Mame 84u4 and 84u5 has been released - Diff Update !
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004
- Major changes to the core of Mame
- Read the whatsnew.txt for More info
KEGA fusion 0.1c available now
Tuesday, July 20th, 2004
Kega fusion is a megadrive/ sega genesis emulator, Fusion is a Sega SG1000, SC3000, Master System, Game Gear, Genesis/Megadrive, SegaCD/MegaCD and 32X emulator for Win9x/ME/2000/XP, supports formats like 32x and full 32 bit color, the project has been injected new life after a year of no new updates, this version is one great improvement over the last, so what are you waiting for, go to their home site!! get with the wave of the future because what is old is new again, enjoy this legend of gaming we all called the genesis.
- sample render plugins support
- emulator changes name from kega lazarus to "fusion
- check the readme for bug fixes made to this release
new SNES9X 1.43 update!
Wednesday, July 14th, 2004
snes9x is a supernintendo entertainment system/super famicom emulator, the project has not had an update in quite a while, but it seems it is finaly back on track, snes9x is a great and stable emulator.
- Major features this time around include Movie support.. SETA010(F1ROC) and partial DSP-4 support.
- And, better SuperFX support for you non-x86 users.
- you got zsnes like movies, and AVI recording on supported platforms.
- consult the change log for more info on other fixes and additions.
NEW Sega Saturn Emulator Released!!
Monday, July 12th, 2004
The open source Sega Saturn emulator, Cassini, has been released by the same team that brought us Barnito's GiriGiri Hack and Snail's GiriGiri hack. You will be able to download the emulator without the BIOS for legal reasons, learn the history, see screenshots, and check the compatibility list. Here are the members of Team Cassini:
Thanks to GameCop for supplying the news
- Barnito - Advertising, Hosting, Distribution
- Lockshaw13 - lists and compatability
- Slacker - lists and compatability
- Iceman50 - resource acquisitions
- SigmaX6, DWBrett - Beta testing
- Snail - Coding
New CHANKAST released update v.025
Wednesday, July 7th, 2004
Chankast is a DREAMCAST emulator that has been progressing at an incredible rate, currently some games are emulated almost to speed with only a few bugs, this new release contains an amazing progress in speed of the emulation, all in the comunity are watching chankast with intrigue to see just how good it will finaly be, so what are you waiting for? go get chankasted! (get the emulator from their home site) in this version:
- FullScreen and multiple resolution support
- CPU core bugs fixed
- VmsBrowser integration
- LCD CMU support
- LCD VMU emulation
- Rumble pack emulation
- Control and CD plugin support
- Windows 2000 compatibility (ASPI driver)
- Command line support to run home made binaries
mame 32 V.84 RELEASED
Monday, July 5th, 2004
mame 32 is the windows build of the popular mame, it is housed at classic gaming and under the tutelage of Mike Haaland and John IV, with an easier interface, mame 32 has become one of the most popular emulators.
- Various internal treeview fixes [year / manufacturer] and cleanups. [Nathan Woods / René Single / Mamesick / Chris Kirmse]
- Factored out list view handling into its own module, picker.c. Auto_malloc() now used and appears to result in a speed up of the GUI game list scrolling, however at the moment it does cause slight pauses moving from one ‘view’ to another. [Nathan Woods]
- Added ability to display games in windowed mode without their titlebar caption. Not fully functioning w/ GCC compile. [René Single / John IV]