79 Users Online
|| E-Mail |
News from September 2004|
You wanted it You got it!! SNES9x "k" version (kaillera support)
Sunday, September 26th, 2004
just as it says, its none other than snes9x with kaillera support, now you can play snes with a friend online, if you didn't know... now you know
MAME32 v.087 has been released!
Thursday, September 23rd, 2004
Perhaps if you are new to the emulation scene or if you happen to live in dark wet caves (illuminated by the faint glow of of a win9x blue screen) maybe you don't know about mame32, but this is the build that is made specifically to make your life easier, it is a windows gui, it is great as it caters to the newbies with the easy interface, now a new build is out, usually follows after every mame release, Originally authored in 1997 by Chris Kirmse, Mame32 was the first port of Mame to the Windows platform. It is currently maintained by longtime team members, Chris Kirmse, Mike Haaland, and John IV.
- Screenshots, icons, and *.dats updated
- all improvements and updates from original mame have been added
- this version seems quite a bit faster to load up, even with all images and icons in it... good job I say
what? you are still looking at this? the official link is in big bold at the top, go get it!! and while you download, browse the forums and join our great comunity
ALDO'S plugin pack update
Wednesday, September 22nd, 2004
if you play PSX emulators you know about aldo, this new pack features the latest plugins for your heart's content, pay a visit to his site and get this great pack which contains 90+ plugins, surely you don't wanna be looking for them all over the net right? official site link is in big bold font at the top.
mame 87 "Pretty SPI / Hyperstone starts working" released!
Tuesday, September 21st, 2004
mame is the most complete emulator out there, if you don't know yo' better ask somebody, to all in the know, hyperstone and a few other surprises... do I need to say more, read the what's new for more, and get this while it is scorching baby!!... tires screech in an infernal howl...err... I mean fingers to click the download link at the site posted in big bold blue letters...
Ngage with the PICOdrive.
Friday, September 17th, 2004
not so many were hot on the ngage line from nokia however the company plans to turn that around with the ease of writing emulators for the machine, such as the picodrive. PicoDrive is a MegaDrive/Genesis emulator for UIQ ported by SomeOne from Dave's original PicoDrive. It uses Cyclone 68000 as the CPU core. Latest version is 153, get it from the link above, it can now:
- Right colours in 16bit mode.
- Flipped mode.. (press '9' to activate back and forth).
- Reconfigure keys.. (press '8' to configure'.. follow on screen instructions)
- Added DSA support (pressing application button might crash the whole thing).But should speed things up.
- Might have activated multiple button support. So that should make it playable. (i.e jump and run at the same time).
- Pressing 9 will flip the screen, 8 will reconfigre keys. after pressing 8, press up, down, left, right, b,c,a,start to configure those buttons.
satourne is as you guessed it, A sega saturn/ STV hardware emulator, read the release list on the readme and you will find the improvements to this, not so release, as an official build has not been named but the ongoing build is available if you want to try it out. visit the official site for info.
Gens+(plus) 0.03.37 released!
Monday, September 6th, 2004
Gens+ is a megadrive/genesis/master system emulator, for a while the project has been getting updated and this time there are bugs fixed from the last release
- ability to choose the full screen resolution with even more options for software renders (Triple, Interpolation3x, Scale3x and hq3x).
- Source Code is also now available, making Gens An open source emulator, for anyone that wishes to contribute to the project or do their own builds