79 Users Online
|| E-Mail |
News from October 2004|
GoodSNES v2.04 release
Friday, October 29th, 2004
A new version of GoodSNES, the SNES ROM manager, has hit the presses. Here's what's new:
- Fixed bug in detecting some 32K PD roms
- Option "convert" will now deinterleave and strip the header from EVERY ROM in the database
- Reworked "forcexbox", no more duplicate names
- The www.seventeenorbust.com info window now closes automatically, so GoodSNES can run in unattended batch mode
now available at all your places for good tools in the net
MAME32 v0.88 has been released!
Sunday, October 24th, 2004
This site tracks Mame32 specific bugs, delivers WIP updates, provides CPU benchmarks for the games, and produces the official supplemental artwork files: icons, screenshots, cabinets, and background images. To learn more about the program and its myriad options, read through the extensive documentation accessible from its Help menu.
- 04.10.24 Mame32 .88 released. Screenshots, icons, and *.dats updated.
ZiNc 1.0.1 update
This update fixes a crash in "Susume! Taisen Puzzle-dama" on the Windows version, disables two games that weren΄t working, adds the US version of Street Fighter EX, removes the obsolete --verify option, and adds a --rotate option for people with rotatable LCD or arcade monitors. Additionally the Linux version will now run on non-Pentium 4 CPUs. The ROM sets have all been synced to the latest MAME 0.88 - thanks to Brian Troha for pointing out the differences.
P.E.Op.S. DSound PSX SPU new plugin released
You can continue in the dark and not get with the times... or simply update your EPSXe plugins to the wonder of contemporary technology, the PEoPs new plugin has aquired a level of functionality that is remarkable, congratulations to the team
get it from Pete's house! at the link
- read the read me for updates
ZiNc 1.0 released
- ZiNc - 3D Arcade Emulator
Release 1.0 - October 23, 2004
- Emulator by The_Author and DynaChicken
1.0 enhancements by R. Belmont and smf
- Renderers by Pete Bernert and Lewpy
Sound by Pete Bernert
Namco C7x sound simulator by Cap / Team VivaNonno
StepMania 3.9 RC1 Released
Monday, October 11th, 2004
After what seems like an eternity of CVS releases, then a total of 24 alphas, FINALLY things are getting much closer with this release! And after checking it out I've gotta say it's Excellent - FAR, far better than recent Alphas!
Stepmania is 'Rhythm Action' game simulator for dancing game 'Dance Dance Revolution' (known in Europe as 'Dancing Stage'), and other titles in the genre such as Pump it Up, EZ Dancer and Technomotion.
- Fixed movie frame semaphore timeout.
- Fixed stretched images becoming slightly transparent.
- Fixed MP3 sync for cut MP3s (TM4 Discow Moscow).
- Fixed ScreenRaveOptions text.
- Fixed image scaling causing slight transparency.
- Fixed slow "random vanish".
- Fixed some MPEG4 movies skipping frames and not looping cleanly.
- Windows: Intel 82845G reverted back to D3D.
- OSX: Fixed "Illegal instruction" on G3s.
- *]Added OSC3 "Sabishii Kute Loneliness" translit.
- Added kanji for Foonmix songs.
Available on the above link for Windows, Mac & Linux. Source and 'SMMAX2' theme (unchanged from Alpha 22) also available
Thanx to the stepping freak MIGHTYMUFFY for the excellent news, what are you all waitying for, go burn some calories, start pounding that rug...Err... that did not sound right did it?
Easy MAME front end v 4.1 released
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004
EasyMame is a freeware front-end for Mame and is provided at no charge.
The arcade plans found on their site are also provided at no charge and may freely be distributed as long you mention EasyMame.
- - New : Added dropdownmenu for game-system filter. (Neogeo, Konami, Sega, Capcom, etc...)
- New : Added column 'Players'. Shows the amount of supported players.
- More detailed info will be displayed when you have the optional nplayers.ini file.
- Improved : Optimised unzip code for zipped picture packs. Now completly written in assembler. IMHO much faster then any other unzip libs. Many thanks to Paul Bennett for making this happen! (This guy really eats assemblercode for breakfast
get this great front end for mame from the official site, in big bold letters at the top