83 Users Online
|| E-Mail |
News from November 2004|
M.A.M.E. 32 v0.89 released
Saturday, November 27th, 2004
Originally authored in 1997 by Chris Kirmse, Mame32 was the first port of Mame to the Windows platform. It is currently maintained by longtime team members, Kirmse, Mike Haaland, and John IV. This emulator has a great and easy interface for beginners and comprises one of the most popular ports of mame (multiple arcade machine emulator) to date.
- screenshots, history, dats, backgrounds updated
- all updates from original MAME source have been implemented, check the what's new . txt for details
Download mame32 from the official site, clik link in big bold letters at the top
MagicEngine 1.0 PR 2 Released
Saturday, November 20th, 2004
We tried hard to finish everything in time and up to the last few days we thought
it would be possible but this didn't work out, too many details to fix popped up at the last second
(Windows can be a pain to program sometimes...).
It was very close though, we expect that version 1.0 will be finished in about 1-2 weeks,
meanwhile you can enjoy this preview version. :) It has almost all the features of the final version,
there is just a few missing options, and not everything can be controlled from the GUI yet.
There's no manual too, so if you encounter a problem post a message in the forums or write us an e-mail,
we will try to reply you as soon as possible.
We are waiting your comments and bug reports now (please not too many bug reports :P).
This version is a big jump forward, we hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. Have fun!
If you are a registered user you just need to download the new demo version and install it over your registered version,
or if you prefer you can install it in a new directory too, in this case just copy your key file (pce.key)
in the directory of the new version too. If you don't have have your key file anymore just send us an e-mail with
your registration details to get the key again..
- new CD-DA code: faster and better synchro.
In case the default settings don't work for you there are three new options
in the pce.ini file to control how are managed the CD-DA buffers.
The more important option is the buffer size, the higher the slower,
the default is 2 now, it was 20 in PR 1.
- added a vsync option, with a special mode for windowed mode.
- cleaned up the gamepad code and added additionnal debugging infos to the log.txt file.
- the ROM path is now saved when you exit.
- added two options to disable the FPS counter and the PSG volume meter.
- enabled the turbo option.
- temporary fix for the boot CD menu bug.
Only one drive is listed now even when you have more than one,
the one listed will be the first drive that has a PC-Engine CD loaded, if you change it it will change in the menu too.
I couldn't test this feature though, so let me know how well it works..
Kawaks v1.50 released
I have releasesd a new kawaks also to keep it up to date with the latest ROM name changes etc.
- New drivers:
- D&D: Tower of Doom (Japan 940125)
- Street Fighter Zero 3 (Japan 980904)
- Street Fighter II' - C.E. (Hack M1) runs bad
- Street Fighter II' - C.E. (Hack M2)
- Street Fighter II' - C.E. (Hack M3)
- Street Fighter II' - C.E. (Hack M4)
- Street Fighter II' - C.E. (Hack M5)
- Street Fighter II' - C.E. (Hack M6)
- Street Fighter II' - C.E. (Hack M7)
- Street Fighter II' - C.E. (Turyu)
- Street Fighter II' - H.F. (World 921209)
- Ninja Combat (set 2)
- 2020 Super Baseball (set 2)
- V Liner Combat (set 2)
- Ghostlop (prototype)
- Renamed MSHJ to MSHJR1.
- Renamed DDTODJ to DDTOTJR1.
- Renamed VHUNTJR1 to VHUNTJR2.
- Changed 2020 Super Baseball to match MAME.
- Changed Street Fighter Alpha to match MAME.
- Changed Cyberbots sets to match MAME.
- Changed Dynasty Wars World and Japan ROMs and names to match MAME 086u4.
- Added a kludge to stop Johns megasmasher super move in AOF2 to freeze.
- Fixed the graphic glitches in the game ending text with kof99
when you beat the game using the team with Ryo,Robert,Yuri and Takuma in.
Zinc 1.0.2 out!!
Monday, November 8th, 2004
zinc is a system 11-12 arcade hardware emulator, if you are familiar with playstation, the arcade box is quite similar, albeit more detailed than at home and slightly faster
- Reversed Qsound channels.
- Tekken 3 now runs. Yes, I know it sounds like hell. Turn your speakers off.
- sfexp reparented as per MAME 0.88u3, the new US version is the parent.
- Added the release date to the description of all Capcom games so you can tell the
difference between the 2 US sets of sfexp.
- Fixed misidentified sfex2-series sets.
- Added player 2 controls for Konami GV games.
- Fixed graphical issue in Bloody Roar 2.
- (Linux) libs11player.so now can also be in the LD search path. This is
helpful for frontends.
and you are still reading this? the new zinc is out! get it from the bold link at top